Exhibition Studienzentrum | 5.03.2011 - 31.07.2011
From Page to Space
Published paper Sculptures
The exhibition From Page To Space is an unusual journey into contemporary art.
A selection of more than 90 artists of various art tendencies – Constructivism, Pop Art, Conceptual Art, Nouveau Réalisme, Fluxus, Visual Poetry – explores, in an unexpected and surprising way, the richness of sculpture. All the works, from fixed objects to works to be cut out and mounted, have in common the fact that they are three dimensional and have been published, – either independently or in books, ranging from the late 1950s to now. The specific technique and the fact that most of the works are printed, enable the artist to develop sculpture in an unforeseen and colourful way.
- from Yaacov Agam to Andy Warhol
- from a simple fold-out by Marc Verstockt to a sophisticated pop-up by Andreas Gursky
- from a three-dimensional invitation card by Cildo Meireles to a large 'tableau-piège' by Daniel Spoerri
- from a series of paper airplanes by Eduard Bal to a wad of banknotes by Anne & Patrick Poirier
- from a simply folded hat by Robert Filliou to a multicolour one by Roy Lichtenstein;
- from a puppet theatre by Gérard Garouste to the ‘Geometric Mouse’ by Claes Oldenburg;
- from a sculpture-book by James Lee Byars to a sculpture in several parts, by Julio Plaza and Augusto de Campos
- Roy Lichtenstein: “Folded Hat”, in Zeitschrift S.M.S., 1968. Foto: Bettina Brach © VG Bild-Kunst, 2011
The exhibition, curated by Guy Schraenen, is a cooperation of the Research Centre for Artists' Publications and Serralves Museum for Contemporary Art, Library, Artists’ Book Collection, Porto.
[Go to the Shop]
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Thursday 10:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Closed on Monday
Families (2 adults/4 children): €14.00
We’d be delighted to send you information about the Weserburg’s activities.